1. How can I use graphic design in my business?
You can incorporate graphic design into every touchpoint of your business! Whether you are handing out your business card, advertising on social media, or starting a new brand from scratch, a thoughtful and well-crafted design will elevate your business and help you attract your target audience.
2. Do I need a professional graphic designer?
As a small business owner, you probably wear many hats. Hiring a professional graphic designer allows you to focus on what you do best: running your business. Maybe you need professional graphics and don't know where to begin, or perhaps you already have a brand that needs a refresh, or you previously tried to DIY things, and now you need a pro to help you level up. That's where I come in. Professional design will give your business credibility, attract your ideal audience, and help you grow.
3. What services do you offer?
I offer brand strategy and design (including your custom logo and supporting visuals), small business website design services using the Squarespace platform, and ongoing support for your brand, such as designing marketing materials for print and web. I love working with small businesses and non-profits!
4. Do you offer a custom logo as an a la carte service?
With 10+ years of experience, I have developed a thorough process to create a brand you love and feel confident in sharing with the world. Therefore, I do not offer logo design outside of my branding packages.
5. What do I need to provide for a design project?
To make the process as seamless as possible and stay on track, you’ll need to be available for regular feedback and reviews. At the start of the project, I provide a calendar with dates and milestones so you’ll understand where we are in our schedule. I will keep you informed of progress with either regular email check-ins or using a project management service like Trello (whatever you’re most comfortable using.)
You’ll receive client “homework” before we begin in the form of a questionnaire. This will need to be completed before we start the design process. Additionally, if we create a website, you will need to provide all content (photography and copy) before we start.
6. What is your process?
All projects have three phases: Discovery, Design, and Delivery. We begin with Discovery, which includes thorough research and development. The Design phase is where the creative work happens, including feedback and refinements. And then Delivery, where you receive your files and are ready to launch! See my Services page for more info.
7. Do I own my artwork?
Yes. Once the work is complete and the final invoice is paid, you will receive your files, and if applicable, I will transfer website ownership to you. I may ask to include the designs in my portfolio and social media, but all final designs are yours.
8. How are my files delivered to me?
You will receive a .zip file or link to a Google Drive folder with your files. In the case of website design services, ownership will be transferred to you upon final payment.
9. How much does it cost to hire a designer?
I offer three packages, ideally suited for small to mid-size businesses and solopreneurs. The investment cost starts at $850 and is broken into two payments. I am happy to discuss other solutions if needed.
10. What package is right for my business?
My packages are designed with small businesses in mind.
• Starting from scratch or need a brand refresh? The Basic Branding package would be ideal for helping you get started.
• If you need a great brand plus marketing materials, like business cards and social media graphics, then the Brand Essentials package is right for you.
• And if you’re looking for everything above, plus a beautiful and easy-to-maintain website, then the Full Branding package is the perfect fit.
We can discuss your business’ needs on our consult call and determine what’s best for you.
11. Do you offer custom packages?
Yes! Please reach out using my contact form, and let’s chat. We can discuss your business’ needs and create a custom quote.
12. Ok, I'm ready! How do I get started?